Re: Do you have experience with TOAD ?

From: Stan Milam <stmilam_at_postoffice.swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 21:36:32 -0600

I agree and disagree. SQL Navigator and TOAD are produced by the same company, Quest Software. They are different tools with different audences. Navigator is great for querying, and debugging PL/SQL. Hence it is the best developer tool. TOAD can query and debug PL/SQL too, but not as robustly as Navigator. Where TOAD excels is in the administration of the Oracle Sever. Now, I as a developer and administrator want one tool and have said so to the Quest management, but they just shrug me off. So, I have to make a choice and it was navigator. I have just downloaded Navigator 4.0, but have not gotten it to work yet. Perhaps I will have to wait for 4.1!

Regards,
Stan Milam.