Re: Can you execute Unix command through PL/SQL?

From: Avi Abrami <abramia_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 02:33:15 +0200

yakub wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trust that someone outhere know how to execute a Unix command or an
> executible from the Unix OS through PL/SQL? I am using Oracle 8.0.5 and
> 8.1.5
>
> Thanks,
> yakub_at_erols.com

Hi Yakub,
I don't remember if your versions of Oracle allow stored procedures in java, but if they do, then you can execute UNIX commands from java (using the Runtime and Process classes from the JDK).

Alternatively, you can try Thomas Kyte's PLEX package. Details are available from the following web site:

http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/plex/

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Mon Jan 01 2001 - 01:33:15 CET

Original text of this message