Developer 2.1 functions keys not working

From: Gunnar Orvarsson <gunnaro_at_hafro.is>
Date: 22 Dec 2000 16:14:51 -0000

We recently upgraded our Sun workstations from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8 and have discovered that Oracle Developer 2.1 function keys (alt, ctrl) don't work anymore.

According to Oracle MetaLink this is a known problem, which has not been solved by Oracle because Developer 2.1 is not certified on Solaris > 2.6.

Unfortunately, we're not ready to make the move to Developer 6i, which is certified on Solaris > 2.6, until later next year, so I was wondering if someone had had a chance to investigate this problem further and perhaps come up with an "unofficial" workaround solution....

Best regards,

--
Gunnar Orvarsson                                 Internet:   gunnaro_at_hafro.is
Hafrannsoknastofnunin/Fiskistofa                 Telephone:  +354 5697909