sending email from pl/sql with out writing to a file

From: sk <chennusk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:33:33 GMT

 Hai,

[Quoted] I have to send some information from a set of tables to different users email addresses.

I can write my information to a set of text file and then using unix shell scripts, send the text files to users by email.

But is there any other way of sending email from pl/sql.

My database is: 8.1.5 and unix sunOS.

If there is no way of directly sending from pl/sql,how I can send using unix:

Ex: I have two entrees in the text files

email_address "Message to that email address" email_address2 "Message to the second address"

Thanks in advance.

SK

--
sk