Pro*C, Dynamic SQL Method 4 and Host Arrays

From: Jason Botwick <jbotwick_at_nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:28:15 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have an application written in Pro*C that uses Dynamic SQL Method 4 with [Quoted] [Quoted] host arrays. Under Oracle 7.3.x, it worked. But under Oracle 8.x, it doesn't [Quoted] work. When a statement using host arrays, built using Method 4 is run, it [Quoted] [Quoted] bombs out with ORA-01084, which is "invalid argument in OCI call". This [Quoted] error didn't even exist in Oracle 7.x.

[Quoted] So my question is, has anyone run into this problem? If so, what did you do [Quoted] about it? I'm having a hard time debugging this, because no Oracle docs I [Quoted] can find are very specific about how to use host arrays with Method 4. So [Quoted] I'm stumped about how to figure out what the valid values are for all these [Quoted] OCI calls, if I can even figure out which one is bombing out.

[Quoted] The sample programs with our release or Oracle work, but again, they don't [Quoted] use host arrays and M4.

[Quoted] Does anyone know where I can get a relatively simple example in Pro*C that [Quoted] does use both, compile and runs? Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 03:28:15 CET

Original text of this message