Re: cannot see database in Enterprise Console

From: Xifer <ark_at_im.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:29:23 +0000

I'm struggling with this too, I have 4 Unix boxes with 8.1.5 When I discover the nodes 2 show databases and 2 don't. Hanged if I can see the difference in installations.

Seems like the intelligent (sic) agent can't find the listener for the sid - this is the error in nmiconf.log

DBSNMP for Solaris: release 8.1.5 - Production on 20-DEC-00 16:33:49 Using oratab file /etc/oratab
Warning : No Listener found for SID lowercasesid. lowercasesid will be skipped

First off I'm using TRU64 4.0F not Solaris; but lsnrctl status shows me there are 3 service handlers for my sid - I've got TCP, ICP and extproc configured. All other client tools connect to the database fine. I've had the 2 databases that don't get discovered replicated before but that is disabled now. global_names is enabled on all four servers, I've made sure GLOBAL_DBNAME with no spaces is set-up in the listener.ora. I've tried setting the domain names to .world, .co.uk like I've used elsewhere all to no avail.  So why can't the agent and the listener dialogue correctly? Normally metalink, a newsgroup search and Oracle documentation solves things for me but I'm having a v hard time resolving this.

--
"No man is happy without a delusion of
 some kind. Delusions are as necessary to