Re: SQL*Loader

From: Mike Krolewski <mkrolewski_at_rii.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:20:45 GMT

In article <91shdp$nq8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Yann PICHOT <ypichot_at_sigma.fr> wrote:
> I have problem with on INFILE clause on my control file.
> My control file :
> LOAD DATA
> INFILE 'donnees.d' "str X'7c0d0a'"
> INTO TABLE sfwnfact
> FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'
> (
> )
>
> I am on NT system. All my record of my data file finished by '|CRLF'
> string
> ( in hex 7c0d0a ) i control
> it with hex editor but some lines have 0d0a.
>
> But when i run SQL*LOADER i have one line (the first line of my file
> not the
> first record because
> i have 0d0a in the middle of my record) to load on my database.
>
> What's happen ?
>
> Thank's for all

The mechanism for SQLLoader is based on 'lines of data', a line ended by CRLF. Those the first "line" in your data is interpreted as 2 lines, very likely both will not load.

It is possible to create a multi-line record, and for LOB it is possible to use markers to identify the start and end of the LOB. Check out the SQLLoader manual concerning LOB.

--
[Quoted] Michael Krolewski
Rosetta Inpharmatics

Sent via Deja.com