Re: oracle home woes

From: Mike Krolewski <mkrolewski_at_rii.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:02:58 GMT

In article <3a40dce8.6028704_at_news.erols.com>,   alecvb_at_erols.com (alec) wrote:
> I have some Oracle software installed on Windows2000(NT)
>
> I have two oracle homes. One is default_home. Location is
> c:\Oracle\tools In it I have installed various Oracle tools.
> Recently I installed Oracle Forms6i, which works fine.
>
> The other home is OraHome81. Location is c:\Oracle\Ora81 In it I have
> installed an Oracle 816 database and server.
>
> The problem came when I tried to install Oracle Forms and Reports 6i
> Demos.
>
> First, I try to install to default_home where Forms and Reports 6i is
> already installed. But when installer starts to analyze dependencies,
> I get the message "Oracle Forms Demos does not support mulitple
> installations, and therefore cannot be installed in Default_Home. It
> can only be installed in OraHome81.
>
> Then, I try to install to OraHome81, but immediately get the message:
> "c:\Oracle\Ora81 is already in sue as an Oracle home for "Oracle 816
> production" and cannot be used as an Oracle Home for NT.
>
> I've looked all through the registry, but I cannot see where the
> problem is.
>
> anyone got an idea what I can try?
>
> yours,
>
> Alec von Brand

I ran into the same problem.

Solution one is to uninstall everything and reinstall it. Watch for entries in the registry that are not removed.

I was able to get multiple installation in (client(7.3.4 & 8i), Forms and Reports -- I think it is a sequence issue. What sequence, I really do not know. However, the software did not want to start. If I recall properly, the solution was to make sure that 'C:\Orant\bin' was at the front of the path. On that particular machine, it was not even being used.

--
Michael Krolewski
Rosetta Inpharmatics

Sent via Deja.com