Reports in Unix requires Xconsole to run

From: <agood214_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:00:55 GMT

Hi folks,

We've run into a little proble which Oracle has verified, but wonder if anyone has a fix they've implemented.

We are running Oracle Reports 6 on Solaris. We have a system which submits the parameters needed to generate a report to the oracle reports server.

The problem is this: if an X session is not kept up and operational all the time, when reports goes to render the reports server will fail to respond.

The current solution - run a PC wix an X client, keep it on all the time and point the startup file to that fixed IP PC.

Another solution that has been mentioned is to run a virtual frame bufer such as xvfb... anyone tried this or others, as we are not keen to keep a pc up to keep the reports server running...

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 19:00:55 CET

Original text of this message