Re: help installing 8i?

From: Dennis <dwehlman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:15:24 GMT

> I can't remember what the source and desitination pathes are but
 there
> were already filled in then it got to that screen. I defaults to the
 c drive
> which has over 500 megs free and even when I change it to the 2 other
 drive
> letters that have over 5 gigs free I still get the same error. My
 desktop is
> a AMD k62 333 Mhz and has 98 megs of ram and a 20 hard drive and I am
 using
> Windows ME.

[Quoted] In my opinion you cannot install 8i PE 98 on a Windows ME machine :-(

> When I unzip it on my laptop it throws everything into a
 directory I
> specified in the unzipping process. Then when I click on the Install
 Icon
> (there are 2 different ones that give the same result) I get this
 message.

> can't find c:\install\win32\setup.exe

[Quoted] Unzip to the root of any of your local drives or put it on a CDR. Then run install (it looks for drive\install\win32\setup.exe like on original Oracle CD)

Dennis

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 13:15:24 CET

Original text of this message