Re: how to exclude a table when export?

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:38:20 GMT

Read 'parfile' (oracle speak for Parameter file). Run:
set pages 0 head off feedback off
spool tables_but.par
select table_name||',' from user_tables; spool off

Edit the tables_but.par file, add
files=(
at the first line, and:
) at the last line.
Remove the comma from the last mentioned table. Now, find the line with you table, you don't want, and remove that line.

This will take you less than a minute to create a parfile with all the users tables,
but for that one big table you don't want. Oh, yes, run the above sql as owner you want to export (or substitute user_tables with all_tables where owner='xxx')

You can now export:
exp uid/passwd file=you_tables.dmp log=your_tables_exp.log compress=n parfile=tables_but.par

Mind you, there is a limit to how many file you can name in a parfile. Split in half if needed.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel