help installing 8i?

From: Rizzo <rizzo_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:39:38 GMT

I was hoping you can help me with something. I downloaded the personal version of Oracle 8i for Win98 from their web site. I unziped it using winzip and when I try to install it on my desktop I get the following message.

There was a problem accessing the staging area. Please make sure the specified values for 'source' and 'destination are values.

[Quoted] [Quoted]     I can't remember what the source and desitination pathes are but there [Quoted] [Quoted] were already filled in then it got to that screen. I defaults to the c drive [Quoted] which has over 500 megs free and even when I change it to the 2 other drive [Quoted] [Quoted] letters that have over 5 gigs free I still get the same error. My desktop is [Quoted] a AMD k62 333 Mhz and has 98 megs of ram and a 20 hard drive and I am using Windows ME.

[Quoted]     When I unzip it on my laptop it throws everything into a directory I [Quoted] specified in the unzipping process. Then when I click on the Install Icon [Quoted] (there are 2 different ones that give the same result) I get this message.

[Quoted]   can't find c:\install\win32\setup.exe

    My laptop is a pentium 120 with 40 megs of ram, Windows 98 and 500 megs free on the hard drive.

    Any idea on how it fix any of these problems? I seem to have problems with the downloads from the Oracle site.

sunil
cps100_at_hotmail.com Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 00:39:38 CET

Original text of this message