Advice requested

From: P B <pbeliveau_at_avcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:02:22 GMT

[Quoted] I am using an old database and I want to transfer to Oracle. I need advise on how to setup the database.

Q1: Should I create my new db as normalize as possible or should I try to fit it to my application. And if I create it normalize, should I create a view that will fit each application or go without view (what are the pro and con) ?

Q2: I've ask how to create a form on which there is a field that contain a primary key. If I enter something into that field, the EXECUTE_QUERY will be done automatically. To do that, I had to create two data block, one with a non-database block and the other with a database block. Then in the trigger WHEN-NEW-BLOCK of the database block, I put the EXECUTE_QUERY. It work fine, but it is painfull to create form that way. Is there another way to do that? (meaning automatically loading a record when enter a primary, for example, if I type a part number, I what the description to show beside it and I want to be able to modify it)

Q3: I've bought books and start reading them, but I miss some simple yet tangible example. Can you point me to some good example.

THANKS VERY MUCH Received on Tue Dec 19 2000 - 17:02:22 CET

Original text of this message