Re: Save report definition as text.

From: <hovenkamp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:23:10 GMT

In article
<isfs3tgi0qqkd6qe1hlvmb324qgqntevgp_at_4ax.com>,   Dons <m.v.vandonselaar_at_donotspam.kpn.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to compare 2 reports by running a diff
 on them, because it's
> quite a job to compare then bit by bit, not to
 mention the risk to
> forget something.
>
> However, to do this I need the reports to be
 converted to ASCII files.
> I know this can be done for a form but I am
 not sure if it is
> possible in reports, probably not :(
>
> Still, I want to be sure I'm not missing
 something. Can Anyone help me
> out?

Hi,
In report builder choose file-> administration -
>convert.

Then convert your file to Report Asci File (*.rex)
You don't want to compare these asci files by hand, but I suppose you already figured out how to do that,
hth
Frans Hovenkamp

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Dec 19 2000 - 10:23:10 CET