Re: PRO*C config problems in general

From: <chiappa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:44:12 GMT

[Quoted] Thanks for your answer; I will post some coments after your lines :

In article <91deil$1mn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   DriftWood <drift_wood_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> If you are familiar with C/C++ and your compiler, then the specifics
 of
> getting the precompiler going aren't that tough.

[Quoted] basically this is the problem : I was familiar only with older ambients [Quoted] (like Turbo C) - no projects, no need to config the libs - only put them on the directory, and so on.

>The Windows version of the precompiler comes with a getting Started
 manual (if you can't find
> it, the got read it online under the documentation link at OTN --
> technet.oracle.com) that explains a lot of the compiler specifics in
> step-by-step form.

AFAIK, it explains only until the step of putting the PRO*C in the Tools menu - from here, it go to programming examples, no hints about makefiles, projects, libraries specifications, etc. But I will give it one more try, and I will try to use your general tips.  In time : you know any other source of information to do it ?

> Oracle's support for
> the Borland compilers has been on and off over the various versions
 and
> you may have a version of the precompiler that either doesn't come
 with
> Borland libraries, or comes with a version of the libraries that will
> not work with your version of the Borland compiler.

Well, I mentioned Borland C only because I have this thing - if needed, [Quoted] I can get out the MS C. The main objective here is to build some small progs acessing Oracle, so basically I can use anything I want, in any version, in AIX or Windows NT (the main OSs here).

Thank you again,

       J. Laurindo Chiappa

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 17:44:12 CET