Pasword changes

From: Sherman's <shung_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:51:39 GMT

We have a financial software called TSER that is an ORACLE running on a Unix server. We have a problem in the password change between TSER and ORACLE. Users have TSER ids and passwords but they are somehow linked to ORACLE's ids and passwords.

We would like to change password every 90 days. However, the support group told us that if we change the either the TSER passwords or ORACLE passwords, the users won't be able to access the system until the passwords are brought in sync. Is this a true story? If yes, what would be the remedy for it?

Thanks. Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 00:51:39 CET

Original text of this message