Optimizer

From: SHRIKE <tdeseamus_at_impacthire.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:17:39 -0600

[Quoted] I have some PL/SQL code that retrieves records based on user supplied criteria that runs against a view. The optimizer forces the view to be run [Quoted] before the index and a full table scan to be run against the view. This has [Quoted] caused the operation to slow down considerably. Does anyone know of a way [Quoted] to force the index to be run before the view? We have tested replacing the [Quoted] view with imbedded sql statements, and this works, however this course would [Quoted] involve a great deal of code re-write.

Thanks,
Tom Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 23:17:39 CET

Original text of this message