Re: Forms6 on Unix

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:38:28 +0800

Ant wrote:

> I have Form Builder6 (6.0.5.0.3) and Oracle8 (8.0.4.0.0) running on a Compaq
> AlphaStation with Compaq Unix (OSF1) V4.0.
>
> The problem is that i must spend a lot of time to make forms because the
> Data Block Wizard and the Layout Wizard don't work (Memory fault and core
> file)
>
> Does any one know if this is a bug from Oracle? Is there any solution
> (patches or something like that)? Or must I buy the new version of
> Developer if I don't want to spend hours placing text items on the layount
> and assigning them to the tables, creating data blocks "by hand"....
>
> Thanks

This is definitely a platform bug (since we use Solaris and NT with no dramas)...

Either log a call with support, or you could build the forms on (say) NT and then copy the fmb's across and generate on your target platform.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"