Re: Oracle to generate reports in HTML?

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:59:55 GMT

This is a good question. I use SQLPLUS to generate HTML files which in turn get mailed to users (they could get copied to a directory). I searched a while ago for a handy HTML-report-generating too. and couldn't find anything, though people in the newsgroup mentioned a PLSQL package called "HTP".

Generating html is a pain: you lose much of the nice functionality in SQL plus (summaries, page breaks, etc.) and you need to build your own HTML strings ('<TD>' || nbr_logins || '</TD>' ) . You can, however, write plsql functions to simplify the task (e.g. a function to generate TD's and TR's).

Please post any solutions you encounter.

bill milbratz
chicago il usa

In article <3a378f0f$0$26478_at_wodc7nh1.news.uu.net>,   "Curtis Lowe" <aj_at_surveysampling.com> wrote:
> Hello. I am the webmaster for my company's Intranet and am working
 with the
> DBA to generate performance reports on a daily basis. What I need to
 know is
> if there is a way to generate these reports using Oracle and then
 have them
> be output into HTML. Is this possible? Also would it be possible to
 have
> these HTML outputs automatically write to a directory? The last part
 is not
> as important as the output into HTML, I mean I can just load it to the
> specific directory that won't be a problem. Just curious. Any help
 would be
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> AJ

Sent via Deja.com