Re: Forms Newbie question - help please

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:32:46 -0800

[Quoted] "Lesley" <lesley_at_vimich.com> wrote in message news:FKsZ5.74252$i%4.2421701_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hello everyone.
> Could someone tell me the best way to do this.....
>
> Here's the fields of concern in the COMPANYDIR table:
> COID
> CONAME
> BILLTOCOID (fk to coid)
>
> Here's exactly what I've done....
>
> Created an additional Block (BILLTOBLOCK) that consists of BILLTOCOID and
> CONAME
> There's a relationship: BILLTOBLOCK.BILLTOCOID = COMPANYDIR.COID on the
> master block.
> I am only displaying the BILLTOBLOCK.CONAME on the canvas
>
> I have created an LOV (LOV_BT) based on the Query: Select COID, CONAME
> FROM COMPANYDIR.
> Column Mapping: COID mapped to BILLTOBLOCK.BILLTOCOID
> CONAME mapped to BILLTOBLOCK.CONAME
>
> The BILLTOBLOCK.CONAME properties:
> List of Values = LOV_BT
> Validate from list = Yes
>

> I want the user to be able to change the BILLTOBLOCK.CONAME and have
> BILLTOCOID updated with the COID in the same record.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is there an easier way?
> Thanks very much.
> Lesley

Well, if you are asking if you're doing something wrong, then does that mean [Quoted] you are having a problem? If you're getting an error or something, please share.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Otherwise it looks like it should work.

-Matt Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 05:32:46 CET

Original text of this message