PRO*C config problems in general

From: <chiappa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:49:58 GMT

Hi ! I am an Oracle DBA, and was trying to create some Pro*C-based small admin apps.
  Using the on-line manual I sucesfully installed the Pro*C 2.2 in the Borland C 5 Tools menu, but no avail from here in compile the samples. So, I want to know :

  1. somebody has sucesfully used this ? Is there some step-by-step guide to do this ? Any good books The on-line manual is very good in programming examples, but scarce in install/config chores.
  2. I can choose between Pro*C or OCI (right now, I have both but don´t know any of them). Any hints to do the right thing ? As I said, the main target here is to write small executables acessing Oracle, but I desire inter-os development - so I can´t use delphi, vb, etc.

OBS : some years ago I was a reasonable programmer using turbo C - so, the main problem here afaik is the new environment of the compiler - so many libs, projects, make files, and the alike : the C language itself isn´t a problem.

[]s
Chiappa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 12:49:58 CET

Original text of this message