Transparent Gateway Services / Oracle 8i / Linux Redhat 6.2

From: Glen Thorne <gthorne_at_cybuild.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:13:16 -0700

Hi all,

I need to figure out how to connect Oracle (8.1.6 on RedHat) to another ODBC server (SCO) via the Transparent Gateway Service. I have installed iODBC on my linux box, and I can connect to the SCO box via iODBC. But, I can't seem to find anything about the Transparent Gateway for Linux .... I see a lot of stuff about it for AIX/Solaris/NT, but nothing for Linux .... From what I;ve read, you can set up the gateway service for *ANY* ODBC capable service, but I haven't found any documentation that gives any example. Does the Gateway service come with the download for Linux? I can't even find the sample *.ora file ... I'm hoping someone out there can tell me that I've missed the obvious.

Thanks,

Glen Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 18:13:16 CET

Original text of this message