Re: Installing Designer 6i

From: Joni Niemi <joni_niemi_at_mad.scientist.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 15:08:50 +0200

cktaylor_at_bellatlantic.net wrote:

> Hi Joni,
>
> Check out the Designer 6i installation guide. Designer 6i requires
> the repository to be installed to use the Designer product. The
> repository product requires at a minimum, Oracle 8i standard edition
> when the designer client and database server are on separate machines.

Actually, they do claim to support the Personal edition, too:

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/designer/doc_library/6i_release2/cmnhlp72/rep_insgde/igch1_65.htm

So, the problem must be the OS, Windows 2000 Professional, right? (I've already installed O8iPE & OD6i, it just won't install the repository.)

Joni

PS. I haven't been using Oracle products before, but I do have to mark that their product usability must've been designed only to maximize the number of Oracle consultants.

--
Joni Niemi              |   All marriages are happy. It's living
Joni.Niemi_at_iki.fi       |  together afterwards that is difficult.