Re: Installing Designer 6i

From: <cktaylor_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 14:09:30 GMT

Joni,

I just took a look at the link that you mentioned below. My interpertation of the documentation is the same as yours. If you are running Windows NT, then yes, the repository is supported with Oracle8iPE. On Windows 2k, the only supported DB version appears to be 8i enterprise. What is interesting however, is the fact that they do now mention a W2k configuration with the Database server and Designer clinent on the same machine. I am running this configuration. W2k server, Oracle 8i Enterprise and Designer 6i all on the same machine. Not too cool on Oracle's part.

Chris