Re: Oracle administration tool ........... any recommendations?

From: <cktaylor_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:21:59 GMT

Todd,

I would recommend Embarcadero's DBArtisan. The interface is great, the product is very intuitive, and installation is a breeze. This product is far better then anything that Oracle provides and in my oppinion is the best tool for this type of work available today. As an added benefit, DBArtisan provides support for many other enterprise quality database engines. I have been using this product for several years and could not live without it. Check out the two week eval which can be downloaded from www.embarcadero.com. One more thing, No I am not an employee of Embarcadero nor do I recieve any compensation for my recomendations :-) If you would like to check out another good tool, look at TOAD (Tool for oracle developers) . This tool is also good and is cheaper than DBArtisan, but will only provide support for Oracle databases. This can be found at www.toadsoft.com.

Hope this helps!

Chris