Version control of Forms 6.x

From: sridhar subramaniam <sridhar_at_imantras.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:59:48 GMT

[Quoted] Dear all :

I would like to get ideas on how to display the version info for a particular forms/reports module at runtime. We are using PVCS to do the versioning. What i would like to do is embed this version within the module and display it as need be. This way i could tell which version of the module is running at a site.

I used to be able to do this in the earlier versions of FORMS .. 4/4.5 and PVCS, where the FMT was ASCII readable. With the FMT in FORMS 5, 6.x being unreadable / binary, i was wondering as to how to work this out. Embedding these tags in the FORMS 5, FORMS 6.x FMT corrupts the form.

I recall embedding a $Revision:$ and $Header:$ in forms version 4.x, which after checking-in and out would have the version label filled in.

Anyone who has been thro' this predicament? I am sure Oracle Apps 11i have some form of version control and a way to see what is the version of a particular module at runtime.

Please advise

Sridhar Subramaniam Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 13:59:48 CET

Original text of this message