clarification on export's read consistency, please

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 02:10:19 -0800

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] Up to what "granuality" and point in time will my export file be consistent [Quoted] with my database? Let's say I'm exporting a schema with about 100 tables, [Quoted] and it takes, oh... about 1 hour. If in that hour, my users happen to access the DB and make updates, inserts, deletes, etc. on several tables - [Quoted] when can export guarantee "read consistency" on these tables?

My understanding is that once export has "passed" a certain table, it's read [Quoted] consistency is guaranteed. Now, while export is "working" on this table, [Quoted] and users are also accessing this table, what will my export file contain? [Quoted] Will it contain the user's changes or not? Any in-betweens?

Hope my question was clear. And thanks in advance for any replies...

Verna Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 11:10:19 CET

Original text of this message