Re: Using Access to View Oracle Data

From: Richard Bragg <richard.bragg_at_ntl.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:55:00 -0000

    [Quoted]
  1. install oracle client and odbs drivers onto PC [Quoted] [Quoted] 2)set up an ODBC datasource to point to your database/schema 3)In access you can now create a link table that is a local object that stores it's data in oracle. I think just use the insert | table select link table in file type scroll down to ODBC source follow the prompts really.

You maybe able to port the data over to access, change it but I don't know yet how you would send it back.

A link table will preserve all the rules you have in Oracle, constraints etc. There are probably down sides but I am not an access person. Just been playing as proof of concept.