Re: Where to write SQL ???

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 03:55:06 GMT

Interface name is sqlplus, just type sqlplus at UNIX command prompt. You should have your environment set though, use oraenv script to do that. sqlplus will ask you for username and password, use username system and password you entered for system during installation. If it doesn't help, use sys/change_on_install. I don't recommend using any of these users to run simple sql, they are too privileged. Create a new user:
create user test identified by test;
grant connect, resource to test.
After that you can reconnect as new user: connect test/test
and do whatever you want.

In article <3A2D608F.CE1F8125_at_tor.leoburnett.com>,   Leszek <leszek_szlachetka_at_tor.leoburnett.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to oracle and I've downloaded an oracle8 database and I've
> isntalled it on Solaries.
>
> I've created a database through dbasystem manager interface. Now I
 want
> to write and execute SQL statements.
>
> Where I can type SQL and execute it?
> What is the interface name and how can I start it?
>
> Any Help Is Greatly Apreciated,
> Les

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 04:55:06 CET

Original text of this message