SQL*Loader problems

From: <invinfo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:00:31 GMT

[Quoted] I do see this commentary in the Documentation: Note: SQL*Loader does not contain datatype specifications for Oracle internal datatypes such as NUMBER or VARCHAR2.

But the doc goes onto say that SQL*Loader uses char and native data types and then Oracle can do any conversion after it reads the data.

I am also curious why my 1st field, NDX has not Term character after I specified ","
Maybe only character fields can be terminated with ","

   Column Name                  Position   Len  Term Encl Datatype

-------
NDX FIRST 4 INTEGER NAME NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER DSCP NEXT * , O(")
CHARACTER Oracle SQL-Loader
Suggestions ? TIA - Robert

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 23:00:31 CET

Original text of this message