Re: HELP!!! SORT ORDER

From: Zbigniew Sliwa <zibi_at_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 08:43:45 +0100

Serge,

If you do not use "ORDER BY" clause the order of the rows that are selected from DB
is determined based on the sequence in which these rows were inserted into DB. If you have 2 different databases then it is possible. The rows could be inserted in such order:

On UNIX
1 ABTYP
2 AB3050

On NT4
1 AB3050
2 ABTYP If you want the different order then use "ORDER BY CLAUSE" with a column name. All the rows will be sorted based on this specified column independently of the sequence of the insertion:

On UNIX
SELECT bla bla bla
ORDER BY col1

ABTYP