Re: Can't connect to the database: please help

From: Frank Seuberth <Frank.seuberth_at_odn.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:39:38 +0100

12514, :tns:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor.
Cause: the SERVICE_NAME in teh CONNECT_DATA was not found in the listener's table,

(Listener not configured, startet. Entry in the tnsnames.ora does nit fit to listener.ora)

Check also the installation of the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg message files, then You will get
readable error messages

Frank