Re: Configure Oracle IDBC to not wait for locks

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 14:21:03 GMT

In article <3A2585C5.FE2E976_at_NOSPAMunify.com>,   "Mark E. Hansen" <meh_at_NOSPAMunify.com> wrote:

> I would like to configure my ODBC application to not block when
> attempting to access rows in the Oracle database that have conflicting
> locks.
>
> In an OCI application, I make a call to "oopt" to set two options on
> the cursor: ROW_RLBACK and DONOT_WAIT (these get or'ed together). This
> causes the operation to return immediately with an error if a lock
> conflict is encountered.
>
> However, I can't find any way to do this from my ODBC application.
> Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

If I recall correctly, the Oracle ODBC driver allows you to specify a lock wait timeout (i.e. wait n seconds for a database lock, then give up). Look in the help file under 'lock' or 'database lock contention'.

Justin Cave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 15:21:03 CET

Original text of this message