Re: what do you use to print oracle shemas

From: Fred Pierce <fpierce_at_avialantic.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 09:14:16 -0500

I agree with Jeff's opinion of Embarcadero - great stuff. As with most GUI's though, care should be taken, especially if you're a newbie, to check scripts that are generated etc. I found a couple of bugs (one reported, one not) in DBArtisan's script generation. One was relatively harmless but the other scrambled constraints. Tech support said they plan to start listing bugs on the web site, which will be helpful.

ERStudio generates excellent reports in MS Word, HTML and probably other (don't remember) formats. You can customize with checkboxes etc. Also comes with a model viewer which can be distributed. It's a good schema management tool also.

fdp

Fred Pierce (DNRC) QSS Group Oracle/Sybase DBA www.Avialantic.com fpierce_at_avialantic.com MAAM World War II Weekend Airshow June 8-10 2001 www.maam.org/maamwwii.html
World Airshow News - www.wanews.com