Re: Tool to load test an Oracle Server

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 22:24:01 -0800

[Quoted] You need to be careful in doing this type of testing. You want to mimic what your application is doing. For example a lot of tools (I am not familiar with Orapub so I am not commenting on it) do not use bind variables [Quoted] (which you should be using) and thus drive the CPU usage up the wall. That [Quoted] is they may not accurately reflect what you are going to be doing. The [Quoted] problem with that is that you might spend money on CPU for example when you [Quoted] should be spending it on disks. The model should closely imitate reality. Jim
"James Lorenzen -XIOtech Corporation" <james_lorenzen_at_xiotech.com> wrote in [Quoted] [Quoted] message news:908f4g$91h$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...