Re: Configure Oracle IDBC to not wait for locks

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:54:52 -0800

Do you mean for update? I believe you put in the sql statement nowait update mytable set myfield=7 where ... nowait. I don't know where you set it up in ODBC.
But you say access which means read, and I have never seen readers get blocked in Oracle (SQL Server, DB2 sure). I would look at the ODBC api documentation 'cause I don't know.
Jim