Exporting huge tables from Oracle 8.0.5

From: Tomasz Olczak <olczak_at_ipartners.pl>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 11:22:53 +0100

[Quoted] Dear Everybody,

[Quoted] I was trying to export a huge table (around 3.5GB of total extents) to a file using Oracle export utility and I got this error message:

EXP-00002: error in writing to export file
EXP-00222: System error message 5
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I repeated the try but it finished the same way. It is interesting that both times it happened at the moment the export file grew to 2147483647 bytes. I have enough free space on the disk so I was thinking that maybe it is some OS limitation (I run on Solaris 2.6)? But on the other hand one Oracle datafile on the same machine has already exceeded 5.7GB.
What could be the reason than? Received on Fri Dec 01 2000 - 11:22:53 CET

Original text of this message