user exits in Forms 6

From: <jthelman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:04:36 GMT

we're trying to create a user exit for forms 6 using Pro*C and MS visual C++ 6.0 for Oracle 8.1.6 and Net8.

We want the user exit to get the service context and return it to the form so that we can pass it on to Delphi DLL's. We're having a number of problems.
While the supplied (already compiled) sample DLL's for user exits work, when we try to compile the source to create our own, it fails. EXEC TOOLS statements return a sqlcode = -2130. IAF PUT/GET statements don't return errors but fail to do the actual work.

we haven't even gotten to the point of getting the actual service context since we are stuck on the communication between forms and the user exit.

respond here or to jthelman_nospam_at_mail.nbme.org (remove _nospam) thanks

Has anyone had any luck creating a user exit with the above versions of the tools ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 22:04:36 CET

Original text of this message