Re: what do you use to print oracle shemas

From: Jeff Whippo <jeff.whippo_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:37:15 GMT

I use ER Studio from Embarcadero Technologies. This product is great - it's not buggy like the typical Oracle support tool and, in fact, installs in 5 minutes! This tool can reverse engineer your schema and give you entity relationship diagrams. Also allows you to design a database schema and then download to your database.

Embarcadero also makes DB Artisan which allows you to easily administer your database, and they make Rapid SQL, which is a SQL development environment for packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc. Both great tools allowing a newbie Oracle database administer to get to work quick.

Check out their website at http://www.embarcadero.com/products/products.htm. Download their free evaluations. I'm certain that you'll be impressed. (No I am not affiliated with Embarcadero in any way - just a very happy customer!)

Jeff Whippo
Oracle Database Administrator/Application Programmer