Re: Access => Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:18:00 +0100

Hi Lucas,

You can of course always use Access to dump your tables to a csv file. On the Oracle side one would then have to use sqlloader to get the data back in.
If you have only three tables this sounds like a very easy job. Officially my employer doesn't allow me to do this (I am working for a Dutch IT consulting firm), but I believe the whole intake procedure would take longer than developing the scripts, given all the involved bureaucracy.

I have Access 2000, I have Personal Oracle 8i, I am in the 'leegloop'/availability, at least the next two days, and may be next week also, so if you can zip up that database (preferably with data), and e-mail and/or put it on an ftp-site somewhere, I am willing to give it a shot. And, on a side note, I visited Alden Biesen in Bilzen/Rijkhoven for music courses during 10 years, so I did learn to value your country.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA