Re: copy from clob field into long field

From: Andrew Velichko <andrew_velichko_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:13:16 -0500

Hi Joanna!

I've just checked and the sample below works fine:

create table tmp (id number, l long);
declare
l long;
offset pls_integer := 1;
len pls_integer;
begin
 for c in (
  select fragment
  from html_fragment
  where name = 'INDEXES BOTTOM'
 ) loop
  len := dbms_lob.getlength(c.fragment);   dbms_lob.read(c.fragment,len,offset,l);  end loop;
insert into tmp values(2,l);
end;
select * from tmp;

desc html_fragment;
NAME VARCHAR2(30)
FRAGMENT CLOB
GATEWAY NOT NULL VARCHAR2(50) Andrew Velichko
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Developer 2000 http://www.brainbench.com