copy from clob field into long field

From: Joanna C <joannac_at_peregrine.ie>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:35:48 -0000

[Quoted] hi all,

Is it possible to copy from clob field to long field using Oracle's packages?

I know it is possible to copy data from long field to clob field.

I have been trying to do the opposite (clob field to long field).

The reason behind it is that we are trying to insert data into long field .

[Quoted] The data is approximately 120K. I know it is impossible to do it through sqlplus using pl/sql variable as it can only handle 32K of static text.

If anyone has any suggestion on how to do (with code example), it will be fantastic.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,
Joanna Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 18:35:48 CET

Original text of this message