Re: What is needed to deploy forms on the web?

From: Scottfelten414 <scottfelten414_at_cs.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2000 03:39:39 GMT

Lars,

You first need to decide if you would like to deploy a java enabled form or SQL procedures with embedded HTML and JAVA Script.

I use designer 6i and it has a nice webserver generator that creates stored procedures which have the HTML and sql calls that interact with the database.

However, since you say you are using developer, I am assumming that you would most likely deploy a java enabled form. This would entail creating the form(s) in developer and compiling them into the FMX. Conceptually, you would need a webserver like Oracle Web Application server or Apache. I have mine running on an NT machine. I place my FMXs here.

In additon to this, you will need J-Initiator. This handles the java calls. In this method of deployment, the java calls will d/l the actual FMX to the client.

For what it is worth, my DBA set the environment up. We are running HP/UX and Oracle 8i on the backend.

hope this skeleton of an answer gives you a clue or two.

scott Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 04:39:39 CET

Original text of this message