resizing initial extent downwards

From: Steve Salvemini <steve.salvemini_at_adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:11:56 +1030

[Quoted] [Quoted] What we'd like to do is delete 90% of a table (where the initial extent [Quoted] has been extended to take up the whole table ie. 250Mb), and reclaim that space.

[Quoted] [Quoted] We initially thought that by exporting the table and re-importing it, the initial
extent would be set to the actual size of the table. It doesn't though, [Quoted] it keeps it at 250Mb, where the data now only needs 20Mb as an initial extent.

We are doing this same process for some 200+ tables so a generic solution would be best.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 07:41:56 CET

Original text of this message