Re: snmp failure

From: Roger Lussi <rlussi_at_a-f.ch>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:17:55 +0100

Hello together,

I have found the failure: (may be this is helpful for someone else)

Solution Summary:

The job *.q files used by the Intelligent Agent may be corrupt.

The solution is to delete these job files and restart the Agent.

Solution Description:

To remove the *.q files:

  1. Goto the $ORACLE_HOME\network\agent directory

ls *.q (this will list the files to screen)

rm *.q (this will remove the files)

2. Restart the Intelligent Agent

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

3. Status the process by entering following command:

lsnrctl dbsnmp_status

Solution Explanation:

The Intelligent Agent's queue files are either corrupt or have been copied from another working system.

To correct this you need to rename or remove the queue files from the directory:
$ORACLE_HOME/network/agent and then restart the agent. When you restart the agent, new queue files will be automatically created. These queue files are only valid on the system that creates them. DO NOT copy the queue files between servers. The queue files are: evocc1.q, ereg.q, jstat1.q, job.q and user.q.

**NOTE: Before deleting the *.q files, you must first remove any pending jobs or registered events for this server from within the Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)Console. A failure to perform this step will result in the OEM Repository and Intelligent Agent becoming out of sync.

greetings roger