Re: Moving tables and indexes

From: David Grzebien <dgrzebie_at_columbus.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 02:59:06 GMT

Bjorn,

[Quoted] This stuff can be found in the Oracle manuals.

The syntax for moving an index is

    ALTER INDEX <index_name> REBUILD
    TABLESPACE <new_tablespace_name>
    STORAGE ... -- If desired

Depending on the version of Oracle, you can move tables in different manners. Prior to 8i (I believe) you can move tables by performing an export and import of the data. With 8i, you can issue the ALTER TABLE <table_name> MOVE statement. I am not sure of the syntax, but I do know it is possible.

Dave Grzebien
Expert Technical Consultants, Inc
dave_at_etci.net