Re: Designer/2000: system requirements for Workstation?

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:11:06 GMT

[Quoted] Henk, please state the version - from the fact you use Designer/2000 I take it you are talking about V1.3.2 (latest version to support Forms 4.5). [Quoted] On the other hand: these do not run (rather: install) on Win2K or ME... [Quoted] [Quoted] And, as usual, the aswer is: depends.
[Quoted] However, let's take a reasonable set of sessions:

- Designer/2000 Front Panel
- Designer/2000 Navigator
- Designer/2000 Module Data Diagrammer, with Forms generator
  running every now and then.
- Forms Designer, plus Forms runtime every now and then. 64 - 96MB would do, plus some OS overhead: 128M would be comfortable. Less can still be OK, provided you have fast disks (swapping). Processor power is less significant then memory - if I were to choose between a processor upgrade to a 50% faster model, and double the memory, [Quoted] [Quoted] I'd go for the memory. (Provided I had speed problems, due to swapping).

[Quoted] [Quoted] In general: 128MB plus any processor, faster than 266MHz would do. I've been working 1.3.2 locally on a 192MB 266MHz laptop, inclusive local database for the repository, and a Webserver on NT4WS for years.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel