newbie ?: what is required to access Oracle using jdbc

From: Bonminh Lam <no_spam_at_bmlam.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:46:26 +0100

Situation:

    [Quoted]
  1. The normal Oracle client stuff is set up (I can run SQLPLUS and TOAD to access Oracle 8.0.4)
  2. I have installed JDK 1.3 from SUN and the "HelloWorld" programme is working

Question:

am I all set to write a Java program to access the database or do I need to get stuff like JDBC drivers or find out if it has been installed. In a JAVA code sample I found, it says I need to specifify the proper driver name :

String connString = "jdbc:my_driver_at_the_sid";

How to find out what to put in place of my_driver?

Thanks

--
To reply to me directly, please mail to: bmlam at online dot de