Oracle 8.1.6 Client For Linux? Help Me Please!

From: Jason Mowat <jmowat_at_digitalpraxis.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:11:52 GMT

Greets,

I have spent the last day and a half trying to hunt down the 8.1.6 client for Linux. I went to technet.oracle.com, where I registered and tried to download the 8.1.6EE for Linux. The cgi script tries to retrieve the tarball from ftp.oracle.com, which has been crippled (i.e. there are no sub directories in it). However, ftp.oracle.com has a message stating that anonymous users can download from http:\\technet.oracle.com; again this is a red herring - there are directories, but no files. Furthermore, /oln redirects me to quotes.yahoo.com!??

I have been hunting high and low for this package. Does anyone know of an alternate site where I can get it from? Are there any Oracle mirrors running?

Cheers,
Jason Received on Thu Nov 23 2000 - 17:11:52 CET

Original text of this message