SQL Loader Question

From: <dennishancy_at_eaton.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:39:05 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] My input data file includes a character field that needs to be right justified in my Oracle table. Naturally, the input data is left justified.

Two thoughts have occurred to me as to how I can resolve this problem. Either I can pad the field in the input file with the appropriate number of blanks, or I can look for a solution in SQL Loader.

I was hoping to do something like this in my CTL file:

(lpad(COST,7) char,...

But that didn't work.

Any thoughts on what I can do in SQL Loader to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation
Cleveland, OH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 14:39:05 CET

Original text of this message